Community Scholarships & BRING A FRIEND REFERRAL DISCOUNT
HOW DOES MY CHILD QUALIFY?
Brookfield Community Scholarships are now available. Student applications will be reviewed for academic promise. Applicants must be enthusiastic and focused learners who are seeking an environment dedicated to learning. Families must commit to the transportation to and from school. Community scholarships are available Preschool – 8th grade with a discount on enrollment fees, tuition and curriculum fees. The discount ranges from 25% to 50% off tuition. There are a limited number of scholarship positions available, depending on the grade. Please see the community scholarship schedule of fees for the range of tuition. There is no cost to apply. After Scholarship is awarded the cost per month will range = $634 to $1,154.25 for 10 months, August – May, and a one-time $200 application/enrollment fee (due upon acceptance).
HOW DOES THE BRING A FRIEND REFERRAL WORK?
The community scholarship and bring a friend referral is for both the new family and referring Brookfield family discount will start at 25% off students’ tuition. The qualifying new family’s financial need can determine a higher scholarship level and can go as high as 50% off tuition. The existing Brookfield family will get a matching discount for each new student enrollment and the discount will be applied after attendance of the new family.
We will have Open House tours at Brookfield School every Wednesday afternoon at 2:00 pm through June, 2018. You can also call to schedule an individual tour and a shadow day for your student. Interested families should schedule an appointment for an assessment and interview; this will take approximately one hour. Tours will be held until all positions have been filled.
Application Requirements PreSchool – 8th Grade and Parent CHECKLIST:
- Call Brookfield to determine if space is available, 775-825-0257.
- GPA of 3.0 or better (Please bring current report card, 1st – 8th grade).
- One or two letters of recommendation from current and recent teachers, 3rd – 8th grade (See attached form).
- Schedule an appointment for an assessment and interview, approximately one hour.
- And/or schedule a shadow day for the student to try Brookfield and complete the assessment.
- Grade 4 and up: Student shall submit a 3-5 paragraph persuasive essay (for or against) on a student-chosen topic in his/her own handwriting. (Sample topics: School Uniforms or Use of cell phone in school, why a good college is important.) This essay can be completed during the assessment and/ or shadow day.
- Review the Community Scholarship Fees and Regular Schedule of Fees (see attached).
- Review the school calendar. Holidays and vacations do not match the local district.
- Submit completed application to Brookfield School (No Cost, see attached application).
- Submit the Family Financial/Behavior Agreement (see attached).
- Financial assistance greater than 25% off tuition will require a complete tuition assistance application.
After all items above are complete Brookfield School will process the Application:
Processing the Application:
- The Admissions Committee will begin reviewing your application and you will be notified by mail of your child’s enrollment status as soon as possible. If you have not received notification in 2 weeks, please contact the office.
- The Financial/Behavior Agreement form must be signed before enrollment is complete.
- Notification of Acceptance and Scholarship Level: Review the scholarship award level offered by Brookfield School. If acceptable, pay $200 application/enrollment fee. This fee is also non-refundable and is not applicable towards tuition.
- Upon receipt of the $200 enrollment fee: You have been accepted to Brookfield School – Congratulations!
- A tuition statement will be e-mailed July 1st. Please call the office by July 10th if it is not received.
- All enrolled students receive an informational letter in mid-August detailing the start of school, procedures, and supplies needed. A generic list of supplies is posted on the website.
- School starts the Tuesday after Labor Day, September 4, 2018; and it is a full day. An Ice Cream Social for all students will be held at school in Late August.
- Uniforms for Elementary /Middle School should be ordered by early August. Please use the link on the BrookfieldSchool.com website to access Dennis Uniform. Please see the school for used uniforms for a nominal charge.
- Complete all required school forms.
- Review Summer Camp for weekly enrollment to get student acclimated.
Brookfield School fully subscribes to and practices a policy of nondiscrimination admission and enrollment. Brookfield admits families and students of any race, creed, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. No applicant or enrolled student or family shall be discriminated against because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, scholarship programs, and any other school administered programs.