Tuesday, January 16, 2018
Dear Brookfield Families,
As we enter the enrollment season for the 2018-2019 school year, I would like to thank you for the confidence and support you have demonstrated toward Brookfield School.
Adding value to a Brookfield education is a very high priority of the school’s leadership, and we have made great strides forward. You may or may not know that in the past several years:
- Our Science, Reading, Math, Social Studies, and Health curricula have been updated.
- We increased technology by adding an iPad lab at the Elementary Campus and expanding Middle School to a “bring your own device” campus.
- An in-depth STEM program (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) was added to Middle School and their standardized science scores increased.
- Middle School expanded into the first story of the Middle School building which added 2 classrooms, bathrooms, and a great room to the campus.
But we are not slowing down, in just the past 8 months:
- We began a pilot program to build the spatial temporal area of the brain in math visualization and understanding.
- Professional Development has expanded our teachers’ ability to teach Singapore Math.
- Expanded security fencing and systems around the Elementary Campus has improved safety.
- Increased security and security training continue to be implemented at all campuses.
- Public Speaking/Music & Movement/Drama were added in order to round out education of the arts.
- Mrs. Keppelmann was sent to an in-depth training on a successful language acquisition program which is being implemented in Spanish classes through literature and storytelling.
- The exterior of the TLC building was painted, a new washer and dryer were also added.
A few of our goals for the upcoming school year:
- PTA is spearheading a parenting class on Love & Logic and Conscious Discipline along with a Be Kind campaign.
- The results of the ST Math program this spring will be examined to see if it correlates with higher student math confidence and ability.
- Students demonstrate a stronger understanding in the communication of the Spanish language.
It is that time of year when we begin registering our current students and siblings for the 2018-2019 school year. This discounted enrollment period closes February 15, 2018 for all campuses.
After Brookfield School completes the process of fall enrollment and sibling enrollment for our current families, we then open remaining seats to new members of the community on March 1st. Invite your friends to join our spectacular community.
Save the date for our upcoming re-enrollment Meet & Greets. See Winter News for details.
- TLC’s Open House: February 7th from 8:00 am-10:00 am and from 3:00 pm-5:00 pm
- Elementary Campus Open House “Meet & Greet”; Speed Date format to meet teachers and be toured by a young Brookfield Ambassador on February 15th from 3:30 pm-5:30 pm
- Middle School Open House: Third and Fourth Graders will visit Middle School with their teacher from 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm and open to parents and friends on February 15th from 2:00 pm-4:00 pm.
A copy of The Financial & Behavior Contract is available in the office. To make enrollment easier, I have linked the following documents for you:
- 2018-2019 School Calendar
- Enrollment Information and FAQS
- Schedule of Fees
- Explanation of Fees
- Early Childhood Education (TLC) Winter News Flash
- Early Childhood Education (TLC) Letter of Intent to Enroll
- Elementary/ Middle School Winter News Flash
- Elementary/ Middle School Letter of Intent to Enroll
After reviewing the survey provided earlier in the year, we are adjusting our start times and academic calendar. Our first day of school will return to the traditional day after Labor Day (Tuesday, September 4, 2018). Our class start times will also be later to better serve our families.
Please let us know by February 15, 2018 of your decision to re-enroll for a discount by returning your re-enrollment letter of intent, the discounted annual enrollment fee, and tuition deposit. Re-enrollments are taken in order of submission.
A position must be available to accept the monies to deposit. We will keep you informed as several grades may split to have stand alone class or two classes, (i.e. 5th/6th may split next year into a 5th and a 6th grade.)
If you would like assistance with any re-enrollment forms, please contact me at 775-825-0257 ext. 2 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued trust and commitment to Brookfield School.
Director of Admissions